Turkey Visa for US citizens
American nationals traveling to Turkey for tourism or short-term business activities are required to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa prior to their trip. The Turkey e-Visa for American citizens is a multiple entry visa valid for 180 days, permitting traveler a 90-day maximum stay. Stays longer than 90 days in Turkey require travelers to apply for a residence permit.
Table of contents
Required documents for U.S. citizens
To apply for a Turkey e-Visa, US citizens should meet the following requirements:
How can US citizens apply for a Turkish visa?
To apply for a Turkey e-Visa, US passport holder should follow these steps:
Fill out application form
Pay application fee with secure payment method
Approved visa will be emailed to you
How American citizens can apply for a Turkey e-Visa
US citizens should follow this step-by-step guide when applying for the Turkish e-Visa:
- Start your e-Visa application
- Click “Applyonline now” and you will be directed to the Turkey e-Visa application page.
- Fill out the Turkey e-Visa application form
- Select “United States of America” in the country field.
- Select your arrival date to Turkey.
- Information specific to US applicants will be shown, specifically that your Turkey e-Visa will be a multiple-entry visa valid for 180 days, allowing US traveler a maximum of 90 days in Turkey.
- Provide your passport details using the same passport you will travel to Turkey with, including passport number, expiry date, and contact information.
- Click “Next” to be redirected to the verification page.
- Confirm your Turkey e-Visa application information
- Verify that the information you provided is correct. In the case of any errors, click “Back” and edit.
- Click “Submit” when the information is correct.
- Pay the Turkey e-Visa application fee
- Use one of the secure payment methods to complete the visa application transaction.
- Receive your approved Turkey e-Visa
- A digital copy of your approved Turkey e-Visa will be email to you.
- Print out your Turkey e-Visa and present it upon arrival to Turkey, along with the passport you used to fill out the application.
Turkey visa for U.S. residents
U.S. residents who have a passport issued from Afghanistan, Algeria, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Cape Verde, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, India, Iraq, Libya, Nepal, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Vanuatu, Vietnam, or Yemen are eligible to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa, provided they meet the following requirements:
- S. residence permit
- A valid U.S. residence permit
- A passport valid for at least 90 days beyond the travel date, the required passport validity should be at least 6 months if the U.S. resident is from Algeria, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Nepal, Palestine, Senegal, or Yemen.
- Credit/debit card or pay account
- A valid means for online payment
- A valid email address
- Application form
- A completed Turkey visa application form
- A return/onward airline ticket. Travelers of some nationalities will be required to book their airline tickets from certain airline carriers.
- Financial proof
- Proof of at least $50 per day during stay in Turkey
- Hotel reservations or proof of lodging
The Turkey e-Visa for American citizens and residents will be fully processed and issued within 48 hours. Try to start your visa application well ahead of your trip to avoid any possible delays.
American Embassy and Eonsulates in Turkey
U.S. Embassy in Turkey:
Address: 1480 Sokak No. 1. Cukurambar Mahallesi. 06530 Cankaya. Ankara, Turkey.
U.S. Consulate General in Istanbul:
Address: Poligon Mahallesi, Sariyar Caddesi No: 75. Istinye 34460 Sariyar, Instanbul, Turkey.
U.S. Consulate in Adana:
Address: Girne Bulvari No: 212 Guzelevlar Mah. Yuregir, Adana, Turkey.
Turkish Embassy and Consulates in USA
Embassy of Turkey in USA:
Address: 2525 Massachusetts Avenue, N.W Washington, D.C. 20008. United States.
Consulate General of Turkey in Boston:
Address: 31 Saint James Avenue,Suite #840, Boston, MA 02116, United States.
Consulate General of Turkey in New York:
Address: 825 Third Avenue, 28th Floor, New York, NY 10022, United States.
Consulate General of Turkey in Houston:
Address: 5333 Westheimer Road, Suite 1050 Houston, TX 77056, USA.
Consulate General of Turkey in Los Angeles:
Address: 8500 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 900, Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA.
Consulate General of Turkey in Chicago:
Address: 455 N. Cityfront Plaza Dr., (NBC Tower), Suite:2900, Chicago, IL 60611 – USA.
Can Americans travel to Turkey without a visa?
No, U.S. citizens are required to apply for a Turkey e-Visa, prior to traveling to Turkey.
Can U.S. citizens get a visa-on-arrival at a Turkish port of entry?
No. American citizens should apply for a Turkey e-Visa prior to their trip to Turkey.