Turkey Work visa
A Turkish Work Visa is the permission given by Turkey to a foreign national to enter Turkey for work. The Turkish Work Visa application process involves you applying for and obtaining a valid Turkish Work Permit during the Turkish Work Visa application process.
A Turkish Work Permit is the permission given by Turkey to a foreign national to work in Turkey. The Turkish Work Permit application process involves BOTH the employer and the foreign national, although, it is really the Turkish employer/company who is applying for your Turkish Work Permit.
Table of contents
Types of Turkish Work visas
Applying for a Turkey Work Visa pertains to the following “types of employment”:
- Employment and Special Employment Purposes
- Assigned Lecturers and Academics
- Assigned Sportsperson
- Assigned Artists
- Assigned Free Zone Workers
- Assigned Journalists
- Montage and Repairman Purposes
Successfully fulfilling the Turkey Work Visa application process involves applying for a Turkey Work Permit.
Types of Turkish Work Permits
Temporary Turkey Work permit
- If you are a first-time applicant, you are given a limited period of no more than 1 year to work in Turkey.
- If you want to work beyond the 1-year limit, you must apply for an additional 2 years and be in the same line of work with the same employer.
- If you wish to work beyond the extended 2 years limit, you must apply for an additional 3 years and be in the same line of work with the same employer.
Indefinite Turkey Work permit
If you are a foreign national, who has been legally residing/working in Turkey for at least 8 uninterrupted years, you can apply to work for an unlimited period of time. Your education/work experience, contribution to science, or investment in Turkey are factors taken into consideration.
Independent Turkey Work permit
If you are a professional foreign national, who has been legally residing in Turkey for at least 5 uninterrupted years, you can apply to work for a (limited) period of time.
You must meet all conditions of relevant Turkish laws.
You must prove that your work has a significant impact on Turkey’s economy and employment through your:
- level of education
- professional experience
- contribution to science and technology
- investment in Turkey, or capital share (if you are associated with a foreign company)
Turkey Work visa requirements
The foreign applicant must apply for a Turkey Work Visa with the following documents:
How to apply for a Turkish Work visa:
At this point, the Turkish employer takes over the process and initiates your application for your Turkish Work Permit.
How to register Turkish work permit information for foreign employees who have a valid residence permit
The Turkish employer must:
- Apply to the Turkish Social Security Center (in the area where the foreign employee will be working) within thirty (30) days from the date the foreign employee entered Turkey.
- Submit an entry declaration that the foreign employee is insured.
The foreign employee must register his/her address at their nearest civil registry office, within twenty (20) days from the date you entered Turkey
Turkey visa FAQ
How do I get a work visa for Turkey?
Does Turkey offer work permits?
How long does it take to get a Turkish Work visa?
Who is eligible to work in Turkey?
All foreign nationals are eligible to work in Turkey and apply for a Turkish work visa and work permit, with the exception of nationals from the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, who do not require a Turkish work visa and permit to work in Turkey.