Turkey Visa for Australians
Australian nationals traveling to Turkey for tourism or short-term business activities are eligible to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa. The Turkey e-Visa for Australians is a multiple entry visa valid for 180 days, allowing for a maximum 90-day stay. Please note that stays longer than 90 days in Turkey require travelers to apply for a residence permit.
Table of contents
Required documents for Australian citizens
Australian nationals should meet the following requirements to apply for a Turkey e-Visa:
How to apply for a Turkish visa?
Australian passport holders should follow these steps when applying for a Turkey e-Visa:
- Fill out application form
- Fill out travel document details
Pay visa application fee with secure payment method
Once approved, the Turkey e-visa will be emailed to you
How Australians can apply for a Turkey e-Visa
Australian nationals applying for the Turkish e-Visa should follow this detailed step-by-step process:
- Start your e-Visa application
- Click “Applyonline now” and you will be directed to the Turkey e-Visa application page.
- Fill out the Turkey e-Visa application form
- Select “Australia” in the country field.
- Select your arrival date to Turkey.
- You will be shown information specific to Australian applicants, such as the visa validity dates and your permitted duration of stay with a multiple-entry Turkey e-Visa.
- Fill in the travel document details using the same travel document you will travel to Turkey with. Details include passport number and validity and personal and contact information.
- Click “Next” and you will be redirected to the verification page.
- Verify your Turkey e-Visa application information
- Confirm your information is correct, and click “Back” to amend any errors.
- Click “Submit” once the information is correct.
- Pay the Turkey e-Visa application fee
- Complete the transaction by paying with one of the secure payment methods.
- Receive your approved Turkey e-Visa
- A soft copy of your approved Turkey e-Visa will be sent to the email address you provided.
- Print out your Turkey e-Visa and present it upon arrival to a Turkey point of entry, along with the passport or travel document you used to fill out the application.
The processing time for Australian citizens applying for a Turkey e-Visa is within 48 hours. Once approved, the Turkey e-visa will be sent to the email address you provided in your application.
Australia Embassy and Consulates in Turkey
Embassy of Australia in Turkey:
Address: MNG Building. Uğur Mumcu Caddesi No: 88, Level 7. Gaziosmanpaşa 06700. Ankara / TÜRKİYE.
Consulate General of Australia in Istanbul:
Address: Suzer Plaza. Asker Ocağı Cad. No: 15. Elmadağ Şişli 34367. Istanbul / TÜRKİYE.
Consulate of Australia in Canakkale:
Turkish Embassy and Consulates in Australia
Embassy of Turkey in Australia:
Address: 6 Moonah Place, Yarralumla A.C.T. 2600, Canberra, Australia.
Consulate General of Turkey in Sydney:
Address: 66 OCEAN STREET, WOOLLAHRA NSW 2025 AUSTRALIA
Consulate General of Turkey in Melbourne:
Address: Level 8, 24 Albert Road, P.O.Box 323 South Melbourne VIC 3205, AUSTRALIA
Can Australians travel to Turkey without a visa?
No, Australian citizens are required to apply for a Turkey e-Visa prior to traveling to Turkey.
How long does it take to get a Turkey e-Visa from Australia?
A Turkey e-Visa will take 48 hours to be fully processed and issued.