Turkey Visa for India
India passport holders, wishing to travel to Turkey for tourism or business activities, are required to apply for a Turkey visa. If certain conditions are met, including holding a visa or residence permit from the US/UK/Ireland or Schengen country, the Indian applicant can apply online for a Turkey e-Visa. If such conditions are not met, the Indian applicant should apply for a Turkey sticker visa through a Turkish embassy or representation office abroad. The Turkey visa will be valid for 180 days, allowing the Indian traveler a single entry and maximum 30-day stay. Please note that visa-on-arrival for Indian nationals is no longer available at Turkish ports of entry.
Table of contents
Required documents for Indian citizens
Indian nationals are eligible to apply for a Turkey e-Visa provided they meet the following requirements:
Please be advised that, while Indian citizens need only the above requirements in order to apply online for the Turkey e-Visa, applicants may be requested to provide additional supporting documents when traveling to Turkey, such as a return or onward airline ticket, hotel booking, and proof of $50 daily allowance during their stay in Turkey.
All submitted passports, visas, and residence permits must meet the minimum validity requirements, as the validity of the Turkey e-Visa directly corresponds with the applicant’s supporting documents.
It is important to note that travel to Turkey with an e-Visa must be for tourism or business activities, such as leisure, meetings or conferences. Any long-term activities, such as employment or study, require travelers to apply for the appropriate type of Turkish visa or residence permit.
Turkey Visa requirements
- Valid for at least 6 months from the date of application with 2 blank pages
- Personal photos
- Recent photos taken within last 6 months, on plain white background, forward facing with facial features visible and clear, size 2.5 x 2.5 inch
- A return/onward airline ticket
- Financial proof
- Financial documents that show the ability to support yourself during your stay in Turkey
- Hotel reservations or proof of lodging
- Travel itinerary
- Details of stay in Turkey
- Medical insurance
- Coverage during stay in Turkey
- Invitation letter from individual or company
- Turkish host’s TR identity or citizenship number, address, contact information, income status, relationship to applicant, trip purpose, and length of stay.
- Or, Turkish company’s tax registration certificate and guarantee that host company will provide for accommodation and other expenses.
Applicants below the age of 18 are required to submit a consent form or a no objection certificate (NOC) by their parents/guardians.
Be advised that additional information may be requested during the application process.
How to apply for a Turkish e-Visa?
Indian nationals eligible to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa should following these steps:
- Fill out the visa application form
- Provide passport details and required information
Pay visa application fee with credit/debit card or pay option
Approved visa will be emailed to you
Indian passport holders, who are not eligible to apply online for aTurkey e-Visa, can apply for a Turkey sticker visa, in person, at their nearest Turkey embassy or consulate.
How Indian citizens can apply for a Turkey visa
- Start your e-Visa application
- Click “Apply online now” to be redirected to the Turkey e-Visa application page.
- Fill out the Turkey e-Visa Application Form
- Select “India” in the country field, and select your planned arrival date to Turkey.
- You will be shown information specific to Indian applicants, indicating how long your Turkey e-Visa will be valid for and your permitted length of stay in Turkey with a single-entry Turkey e-Visa.
- Fill in your details using the same official travel document that you will use for entry into Turkey. Details include the travel document’s ID number and expiration date, your birth place, parents’ names, phone number, email address, and home address.
- Fill in the details of your visa or residence permit, including document type, number, validity and issuing country.
- Click “Next” and you will be redirected to the verification page.
- Verify your Turkey e-Visa application information
- Confirm your information is accurate, in order to avoid invalidation of your Turkey e-Visa. Click “Back” to modify any errors.
- Once you have made sure that all your information is correct, click “Submit”, and you will be redirected to the secure online payment page.
- Pay the Turkey e-Visa application fee
- Select one of the secure payment methods to complete the Turkey e-Visa fee transaction.
- Receive your approved Turkey e-Visa
- If approved, a digital copy of your Turkey e-Visa will be sent to the email you provided.
- Download and print out your Turkey e-Visa and present the hard/soft copy with your travel document upon arrival to a Turkey point of entry.
The processing time for Indian nationals applying for a Turkey e-Visa is 48 hours. Turkey sticker visa processing times may vary, so check with the Turkey embassy or consulate where you are applying for more information. In all cases, it is advised to start your visa application early in case of delays or unforeseen circumstances.
India Embassy and Consulate in Turkey
Embassy of India in Turkey:
Address: Çankaya, Cinnah Cd. 77 / A, 06680 Çankaya/Ankara, Türkiye.
Consulate General of India in Istanbul:
Address: Harbiye, Cumhuriyet Cd. Dortler Apt. No:42 D:11-12, 34367 Şişli/İstanbul, Türkiye
Turkish Embassy and Consulates in India
Embassy of Turkey in India:
Address: 50-N, Nyaya Marg, Chanakyapuri, New Delhi- 110021, India.
Consulate General of Turkey in Mumbai:
Address: 101, 10th Floor, Maker Chambers IV, 222, Jamnalal Bajaj Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai-400 021, India
Consulate General of Turkey in Hyderabad:
Address: Plot No:656, Road No:34 Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad – 500033, India
Do Indian citizens need a visa to travel to Turkey?
Yes, Indian citizens need a visa to travel to Turkey. If the Indian passport holder meets certain conditions, including holding a visa or residence permit from the US/UK/Ireland or Schengen country, they are eligible to apply online for a Turkey e-Visa. If the requirements are not met, the Indian applicant should apply, in person, for a Turkey sticker visa at their nearest Turkey embassy or consulate.